||About the Placement and Training Cell
The Oxford College of Science has an independent placement office focused to cater to the needs of leading organizations in conducting campus interviews for the final year students of M.Sc, MCA, MA (English literature) and other UG courses. It is headed by a senior professor (Dean HR and Placement) with additional charge and supported by a fulltime, permanent placement officer. The office is assisted by student representatives from various branches of study. The placement office ensures and takes care to provide the best arrangements and hospitality to the HR team from various companies
From the Desk of Dean of Training & Placement Cell.
Thank you for your interest in recruiting the students of ‘The Oxford College of Science’!
The Oxford College of Science was started in the year 1994 with twelve students and five teachers. In the last 23 years, college has registered a phenomenal growth. At present, the College is catering education to more than 3000 students.
- The Oxford College of Science is accredited with “A’ grade By NAAC and Accredited by International Accreditation Organization (IAO)
- The Oxford College of Science Ranked 2nd in Bangalore City and 8th in India according to India Today Survey 2017.
- The Department of Biotechnology, The Oxford College of Science is rated one of the best departments in India and ranked No.1 in Karnataka (Bio spectrum)
Within an intensely competitive environment, the college has adopted a dynamic, global, high quality: creative and communicative approach in education, as well as research and development. As a result, the students who graduate from our institution are well equipped to face the challenges in the corporate environment!
We are very confident that the graduates of The Oxford College of Science you recruit will be wonderful assets to your organization and they will help your organization reaching newer heights!
Welcome to The Oxford College of Science!
Dean of Placement &Training cell
Goal of Placement &Training Cell
The goal of the Training & Placement is to provide career guidance and training program, enable the students to gain a competitive edge in the recruitment process, groom their confidence and developing their personality to achieve 100% placement for all eligible students in reputed companies and Institutes.
The institute provides the complete infrastructure for campus recruitment with an objective of transforming students to young professionals. To achieve this pre-placement training activities are organized throughout the year by inviting various industries and professional trainers. Reputed companies across the country visit the institute regularly for the campus recruitment programs.
Policy for the Students
- All final year students of undergraduate and postgraduate courses are eligible to participate in pre placement activity.
- All students seeking Placement Assistance are required to enroll their name in the Training and Placement cell.
- The student will also have to give their preferences before the start of placement process to the Training & Placement cell.
- If a student is selected, the job is registered against him/her and he/she would not be allowed to appear for more interviews.
- Students should be in formals for the placement drive.
Pre Placement Training
- Pre placement training is given to the final year students of each course through
- Knowledge inputs from outside consultant
- Soft skill training through Placement officer
- Interaction through Alumni and Industrial professionals
- Conducting mock interviews with the assistance of senior professors from each department
- Educating the students on placement policy and procedures, directing them on resume preparation, and the various activities related to institute-industry interaction.
- Organizing workshops for students to bridge the gap between Industries –Academics.