||Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)|
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is the cell that is formulated for monitoring the quality parameters in The Oxford College of Science. The committee was formulated based on the recommendations given by National Assessment Accreditation Committee.
- To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the College
- To ensure stakeholders connected with higher Education, namely parents, teachers, staff, would be employers, funding agencies and society in general, of its own quality and probity.
- Channelise the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Improving the academic and administrative performance of the institutions.
- Monitoring the quality parameters of the college.
- Optimizing, integrating and monitoring the modern methods of teaching learning and evaluation.
- Maintaining Quality sustenance and enhancement.
- Promoting innovative practices.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structures.
Some of the functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.